Established in 2015, Pli has dedicated itself to support and publish the next generation in architecture by promoting research.
For the last five years, the association has been supporting writing projects and designs by young architects that question the major issues of contemporary society and highlights designers, whatever their fields of predilection, around personal and original research projects.
For the first time, Pli creates the Pli Public Workshop: a contest for the new generation of architects and designers. This creative assistance program is intended for the research and production of a project. This assistance takes the form of support by professionals from the architecture, art and design sector as well as a group exhibition. Applicants to the PPW – designer, artist, architect, or the group described in the application – will have to propose a project specific to the context of that workshop, which is unpublished and related to the theme of the fifth issue of the Pli magazine: Obsession. These projects should refer to the field of architecture and can take various forms: micro-architecture, object, installation, video, sound installation, performance, etc. A jury made up of experts from the fields of architecture, art, design and graphic design will retain a dozen projects. The selected projects will be produced and will be exhibited collectively at the Pavillon de l’Arsenal in Autumn 2019.
- Halah Al Juhaishi Paris
- Pauline Bailay & Hugo Poirier Rennes
- Antoine Behaghel & Alexis Foiny Paris
- Laure Berthet, Axel Mert, & Julienne Richard (studio satël) Nantes
- Rebecca Chipkin & Jack Swanson Londres
- Lionel Dinis-Salazar & Jonathan Omar (Döppel Studio) Paris
- Maud Lévy & Antoine Vercoutère (MLAV.LAND) Paris
- Giaime Meloni & Parasite 2.0 Paris, Milan, Bruxelles
- Alexandre Nesi, Nicolas Sanae (Maison N) & Cécile Gayraud Paris, Kyoto
- Bertrand Rougier & François Sabourin Montréal
- Erwin Souveton Paris
Committee of Experts
- Juliette Armanet Author–composer-performer
- Mathieu Bassée Designer, Studio MTX
- matali crasset Designer
- Christopher Dessus Director of Pli / Scenographer, PAF
- Didier Fiúza Faustino Artist and architect, Mesarchitecture
- Alexandre Labasse Director, Pavillon de l’Arsenal
- Benjamin Lafore & Sébastien Martinez Barat Architects, Martinez-Barat Lafore Architects
- Éva Maloisel Architect, Peaks
- Fanette Mellier Graphic designer
- Isabelle Moisy Cobti Co-founder Bildung
The Pli Public Workshop takes place in 3 stages:
- Research and support phase that allows the selected candidates to develop their project to move from the concept to the production phase.
- Production phase of the project that implements the directions that will have been taken during the research phase, taking into account the issues and constraints related to the workshop (exhibition, budget, deadlines).
- Restitution of the project through a collective exhibition at the Pavillon de l’Arsenal.
You are a company, a school or an institution, and you want to become a PPW partner or sponsor? Contact us