Established in 2015, Pli has dedicated itself to support and publish the next generation in architecture by promoting research.
For the last five years, the association has been supporting writing projects and designs by young architects that question the major issues of contemporary society and highlights designers, whatever their fields of predilection, around personal and original research projects.
For the first time, Pli creates the Pli Public Workshop: a contest for the new generation of architects and designers. This creative assistance program is intended for the research and production of a project. This assistance takes the form of support by professionals from the architecture, art and design sector as well as a group exhibition.
Applicants to the PPW – designer, artist, architect – each submitted an unpublished project specific to the context of the workshop and related to the theme of the fifth issue of the Pli magazine: Obsession. These projects refer to the field of architecture and take various forms: micro-architecture, object, installation, video, sound installation, performance, etc. A jury made up of experts from the fields of architecture, art, design and graphic design retained eleven projects which are currently being produced and will be exhibited collectively at the Pavillon de l’Arsenal from the 29th of November 2029 to the 12th January 2020.
- Halah Al Juhaishi Paris
- Pauline Bailay & Hugo Poirier Rennes
- Antoine Behaghel & Alexis Foiny Paris
- Laure Berthet, Axel Mert, & Julienne Richard (studio satël) Nantes
- Rebecca Chipkin & Jack Swanson Londres
- Lionel Dinis-Salazar & Jonathan Omar (Döppel Studio) Paris
- Maud Lévy & Antoine Vercoutère (MLAV.LAND) Paris
- Giaime Meloni & Parasite 2.0 Paris, Milan, Bruxelles
- Alexandre Nesi, Sanae Nicolas (Maison N) & Cécile Gray Paris, Kyoto
- Bertrand Rougier & François Sabourin Montréal
- Erwin Souveton Paris
Committee of Experts
- Juliette Armanet Author–composer-performer
- Mathieu Bassée Designer, Studio MTX
- matali crasset Designer
- Christopher Dessus Director of Pli / Scenographer, Paf atelier
- Didier Fiúza Faustino Artist and architect, Mesarchitecture
- Alexandre Labasse Director, Pavillon de l’Arsenal
- Benjamin Lafore & Sébastien Martinez Barat Architects, Martinez-Barat Lafore Architects
- Éva Maloisel Architect, Peaks
- Fanette Mellier Graphic designer
- Isabelle Moisy-Cobti Co-founder Bildung
The Pli Public Workshop takes place in 3 stages:
- Research and support phase that allowed the selected candidates to develop their project to move from the concept to the production phase (June to September 2019).
- Production phase that implements the directions which have been taken during the research phase, taking into account the issues and constraints related to the workshop (September to November 2019).
- Restitution of the projects through a collective exhibition which will be taking place from the 29th of November 2019 to the 12th of January 2020 at the Pavillon de l’Arsenal.
You are a company, a school or an institution, and you want to become a PPW partner or sponsor? Contact us